Joseph J. Bernardo
- Location: Ft. Myers, Florida
- Local Phone: 239-332-3000
- Fax: 239-332-3311
- E-mail: email@example.com
Mr. Bernardo is a Fort Myers injury attorney with extensive experience representing injury victims throughout the 20th Judicial Circuit. Our Fort Myers injury attorney provides professional, high-quality representation to all of our clients. We concentrate our efforts on getting our clients maximum compensation for their injuries.
Our law firm’s practice is devoted to one thing…
The exclusive representation of people injured by the negligence of other people or corporations.
We have one goal…
The finest professional and quality representation on behalf of any injured person that becomes our client.
We seek one result…
The maximum recovery available for our clients.
We believe one thing…
All people deserve a fair determination of the value of their injury by a jury if the insurance company fails in that duty.
Our Fort Myers injury law firm never has and never will represent an insurance company.
Joseph Bernardo serves citizens in Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Glades and Hendry counties. Our practice is exclusively in the area of personal injury law: including; automobile accidents, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, medical malpractice, wrongful death, insurance bad faith, nursing home abuse, construction defects, defective chairs, dog bites, drunk driving injuries, large truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, school bus accidents, slip and fall accidents, facial/eye injuries, permanent scarring, surgeries, and knee/hip/shoulder injuries.
Mr. Bernardo has been practicing law since 1986, after receiving his Juris Doctorate degree from Florida State University. He was awarded the Alpha Lamda Delta Scholastic Achievement award at FSU and graduated with honors. Prior to his concentration in personal injury, Mr. Bernardo was assistant State Attorney for the 20th Judicial Circuit encompassing Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry, and Glades Counties.
Although our principal office is in Fort Myers, Florida, Mr. Bernardo has tried numerous jury trials in each of these counties and others throughout the State of Florida. He has co-counseled cases outside the State as well.
Mr. Bernardo was the Chairman of the Grievance Committee for the Florida Bar from 2006 to 2009.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 1986
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
J.D. – 1986
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
B.S. – 1983
Honors: With Honors
- Total Recall for Toyota
- Safety Risks Encountered at Many Foreclosed Properties, January 21, 2010
- Should Cell Phones be Banned for Drivers?, February 11, 2010
Honors and Awards
- Alpha Lambda Delta Scholastic Achievement Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Florida Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Lee County Bar Association
- Federal Middle District Court of Florida
- Florida Justice Association (FJA)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Brain Injury Association of Florida
Pro Bono Activities
- Bishop Verot Athletic Booster Club
- Cape Coral National Little League
- Cape Coral Cyclone (Girls Soccer)
- Florida Sherriffs Association
- St. Judes Children’s Hospital
- Fort Myers Track Club
- Hooters Half Marathon
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Florida Bar Association
American Bar Association
Lee County Bar Association
Federal Middle District Court of Florida
Brain Injury Association of Florida
Florida Justice Association (FJA)
American Association for Justice (AAJ)
National Academy of Neuropsychology